Thursday, July 24, 2008

Really Good Books




I was visiting Junie Moon's blog yesterday and found that her book club was reading Ann Lindbergh's "Gift From the Sea" which is a wonderful book. It's a very gentle book and uses ocean life in comparisons to our own lives. It's written beautifully and is very thought provoking. I first read it back in the late 60's/early 70's along with books by Kahlil Gibran and many others.I worked part time in a book store along with many college kids. I had always been a reader but I was introduced to books I had not known about. Beside these there were many others some of which I will talk about another time. Oh well, back to these. If anyone hasn't read these I highly recommend them. When you need to step away from your regular reading and just take a time out, these are what you want. I have gone back and read bits and pieces over the years, but I thing I will actually read them completely through again. I definitely will be following Junie Moons blog to get her feelings on each chapter. Maybe my perspective will be broadened.

No comments: