Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Another "Laps From Fats" Quilt

Here's another of my "Laps From Fats". I cheated on this one ,though. I didn't exactly follow the directions and make the blocks required. There should have been more stars in the middle blocks instead of the stripes. I had been sick with flu, cold, crud--whatever you want to call it-- for about 2 weeks in February when this was the quilt we were working on. Being sick really got me behind and I wanted to hurry up and get done and over with this one. There were rectangles, squares and triangles in it. I had already cut lots of strips to make the rectangles and squares, but not the triangles. So I just started putting strips together and trimmed the blocks the same size as the star blocks. In the middle block I used more rectangles and 4 of the squares that would have been star centers. It was a square lap quilt and I wanted it to be a rectangle I added and extra row of pieced rectangles and another row of black boarder at the top and bottom. Then I liked it fine and I liked it better because it was done.

No comments: