Saturday, October 6, 2007

Sit and Sew #2 Tiger Quilt





Another Sit and Sew project done. And actually I was able t0 sew this in one evening. Now, all the flannel squares were pre-cut beforehand, but still I was very excited at the minimum of time it took--about 3 1/2 hours. There was more time involved in finishing but that I could do sitting in front of the TV. The quilt is sewn together with a half inch seam leaving the raw edges. After it's all put together those edges have to be snipped into fringe about 1/4 inch apart. Then all I had to do was wash it to make it fringe more. It's a real no brainer and thing don't have to be perfect. the other neat thing I learned is that this can be done with other shapes and lengths of fabrics. It's just the technique of sewing. I think I'll have to try a few more of this type of quilt. This one goes to my son, a BIG Mizzou Tiger football and basketball fan.
The sit and sew was fun as usual. I've met some new quilting friends. And all of us keep signing up for every month so we're becoming a nice little group. Also the food we have is always great. This time it was snacks and appetizers-little hot dogs in BBQ sauce, cheeses, crackers, fruits and veggies with dip and more. We had plenty to eat. In October they're having Chile( one of my favorite foods) and we'll be using fall fabrics for a quilt-pattern still a secret at this time. As usual I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Kathy Ann said...

hello maizee! so weird i was just drying my hair and thinking gee haven't heard from maizee for a while wonder what she's doing and viola I find your post. freeeeeaky hehehehe. Thanks for the update and your lovely comments. I love it when people drop by and say hello. You have been a very busy lady indeed! I've been a hermit basically indoors in my room crocheting and reading for uni, no wonder I'm feeling depressed these days! Even though I think I am feeling quite refreshed now and feeling ok to go back to work tomorrow.

I love this quilt! I love the raw edges. A friend of mine made her first quilt in this style but I myself have never made one like this basically because I don't know how. It looks so soft and warm.

Anyhow I've got a few posts to make bought a new sewing machine and making a huge granny square blanket, but you can read all about it.
anyhow great to hear from you keep in touch! have a lovely week