Sunday, October 7, 2007

Muffins

Well, no pictures today one of my favorite recipes along with some thoughts. Blogging is still relatively new to me as far as finding out how many great ideas there are for posting. Whether they might not seem very interesting to each of us or maybe very exciting we never know what others might think or enjoy. Maybe enjoy is to broad a word. When someone has poured there heart over something sad in their life and their heart is aching we don't enjoy reading but we care and feel for them..When someone is excited or happy about something in their life we feel that too. And then there are all of the fabulous photos of pets crafts kids homes food art and so many other thing. Bloggers open their world to all of us other bloggers and vice versa.
This started out to be a very simple post of a recipe, but then I started thinking about what encouraged me to begin to post some of my recipes and I came up with the above thoughts. I saw a very nice simple muffin recipe posted by KathyAnn at be-stitched artfully, which I will definitely be baking, This made me think of one of my favorite muffin recipe and decided maybe those visiting my blog would enjoy it. I have found some other great recipes that I have or will be trying at these blogs-- Oiyi's Crafts, Dark Oak Woman, and Bumpy Doink--to name just a few. And there are many more at other great blogs. Now I guess I better get this recipe posted.

SIMPLE AND PLAIN OATMEAL MUFFINS FROM ELDA KURZEJESKI

Sift 1 cup of all purpose flour with 1/4 cup sugar, 3 tsp. baking powder and 1/2 tsp. salt.

Add 1 cup quick cooking oats, one slightly beaten egg, 1 cup milk, and 3 tbsp. salad oil.

Stir just to moisten. ( optionally, sometimes we add some chopped golden raisins along with some chopped dried or fresh cranberries. I especially like adding these extras in the fall)

Fill 12 greases muffin cups 2/3 full.

Bake at 425 degrees for about 15 minutes.

These are great for breakfast or even on a chilly fall or winter afternoon with a nice hot cup of tea.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Thanks for your nice comments Maizee, I enjoy hearing from you.

I love anything with oatmeal so will have to try these muffins - could munch one right now with my early morning coffee!

As you know, I'm off to England Monday so these next few days are hectic. Will visit you when I return!
Have a wonderful weekend.