Monday, August 13, 2007

Subcouciously in a purple mood?




















In the last two months I have chosen purples (and greens, too) for three projects and didn't realize what I had done until this morning. I was laying my blocks out for my 1/4 square log cabin from the sit and sew, getting ready to assemble the quilt top. For my setting strips I'm using a dark purple and green batik fabric which I used the class on Saturday to make the fabric bowl pictured. When I picked the fabric for the bowl, I thought the batik would be pretty and did want something more subtle than print fabric for my first try, didn't think about it being purple. While cutting the strips for the bowl I thought it would be nice for quilt setting strips. I had been struggling a little trying to figure out how I wanted to put the quilt top together. So now I'm almost done assembling the top and the bowl was finished at the class on Saturday. Lastly the Sunbonnet Sue wall hanging( about 18" square) is for Missouri Girls Town. I needed to put a sleeve on the back and add a decorative rod. When I took it to where I was sewing and laid it down I saw purple again. Pam at Miss Millie's had asked anyone who would like, to make a wall hanging. I chose the purples when I started it two months ago. They will be donated in October and hung throughout the rooms, just to do something nice for the kids( last year we made Christmas stockings and the year before cute pillow cases for everyone.) Miss Millie's does something for Girls Town every year and lots of us participate. It really surprised me to see how similar all three of these items are in coloring.

No comments: