Friday, August 10, 2007

2nd Second Saturday Block

Another block finished for the Second Saturday Sampler. This one was more difficult with all the layering, but I got it done. Actually the picture looks pretty good. I would say "don't look too close" because there are some sewing errors."

Thank Heaven for invisible thread. I've decided not to worry so much about perfection of the quilt this time around but concentrate on perfecting my machine applique skills. I've been hand appliqueing for many years and there is much more room for working out the errors or just redoing my work. The one thing bad about machine applique is once you start on a shape you really don't want to stop till done. And machine applique has very tight stitching which I don't even want to try to pick out. Oh well, I'm satisfied enough with it.

1 comment:

~Molly~ said...

Hi Maizee! Thanks for visiting my blog! I love your applique, very pretty colors and design. Machines and I don't get along so I do my applique by hand. I have finally mastered the quarter inch seam(sort of) so I can piece well enough(for me anyway). I SOOOO agree with you on indoor-only kitties! Ours aren't allowed outside at all. We have 5 but the oldest is sickly and won't be around many more months I'm afraid.

Anyway, I'm off to check out more of your blog stuff, hoping to find some crochet pics!LOL

Molly