Saturday, July 7, 2007

Pillows from 1978

The three pillows in the old picture were made in the
first quilting class I ever took-in February of 1978.
Each week there was a different technique. We
learned cutting, template making, piecing,
applique, quilting. All the basics. When I was learning everything was mostly hand piecing. I later gave one each to my mom, gram, and aunt.
Most all of the quilt projects I did through about
2000 were all by hand. Recently sewing machine work has become very acceptable so I am learning all the aspects of quilting by machine. I have realized if I don't, all the ideas in my head will never get done. Also less hand quilting gives me more time to crochet. I get the best of both of my favorite pastimes and of course more time to read. If I ever get to retire and stay home all the time I'll be able to do more hand quilting work, again.

No comments: