Sunday, July 22, 2007

Jessicas Quilt











Pictures of the second quilt I made during quilting lessons. This one I chose to make for my daughter Jessica-that's her in the photo along with one of her little notes she would write to me or dad or Troy or Kraig. Anyhow I started this one in in the summer of 1980 when she was only about a year and a half old. I did all the applique and construction by hand. The hand work is really time consuming but it there's nothing like it if you have the time. I really take pride in all the quilt pieces that I've done by hand. But now I find there is just not enough time to do everything I want to since I work. I'm learning all aspects of machine work for quilting and everything I've done is really turning out nice, I think. And instead of hand quilting I'm having my quilts done by professional machine quilters. They do the most beautiful work. And even though it costs, things are getting done. I've got tops that were done by hand that I'm going to have machine quilted. I guess I'm feeling my mortality since I turned 60. No sadness or anything, I'm in excellent health but time is passing. I want to finish all the things that have been lying around. And I want to start lots more new things. I still love quilting but I'm lovin' crochet and want to do lots more of it. If I do quilts by machine, I can do lots of crochet, too.











No comments: