Monday, July 16, 2007

Finished a Block for 2nd Saturday


Here is my first finished block for Second Saturday at Miss Millie's Quilt Shop. This is the first time I've joined one if these. It began on the second Saturday of June. On that day I went to the shop and paid $5.00 for kit 1 which contained the fabric for the leaves and stems. I supply the background. I machine appliqued it with invisible thread and it turned out pretty good for only my second try at this technique. I picked up my second block a few days ago. The rule is that we bring the finished block back to the shop on the next second Saturday and we then get the kit for the next block free. At the end I'll have 6 blocks to put into a quilt. I think I'll do a large wall hanging. Miss Millie's is a really great shop, she's always got something fun going on, and lots and lots of neat fabric.



No comments: