Monday, October 27, 2008

Wonkey Houses














About two weeks ago I took a very unconventional quilt class and I loved it. I signed up when I read the class description. I learned how to make these house blocks that I guess look like a child made, but it was a very enjoyable day. The quilt pictured belongs to the teacher and the loose blocks are mine. They look like pieces just thrown together but there was a method to this madness. There were ways of deciding the sizes we wanted to make and getting all the pieces fit by just cutting pieces and trimming and making them go together.
The class description was a follows: "Learn improvisational cutting and piecing techniques as you build these fun and wacky houses.Each house is different and there are no seam rippers allowed. Check you OCD at the door and prepare to have some fun."
It was everything described. The whole class had a great time. Now we can even design our our houses. It's a lot of hit or miss till you get what you want and no pressure.

2 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I love your wonky houses.

Kathy Ann said...

merry christmas mazie, love the wonky houses. hope you are well and enjoying the cold weather and yummy chrissy food and cheer