Saturday, August 2, 2008

Today it was "The Dark Knight"



What a great action film-my mom thought it was a very noisy film but she liked it. She's 85 and loves the movies so we go to a bargain matinee just about every Saturday. I know when mom likes a film-she doesn't leave her seat and she doesn't fall asleep. We were 2 for 2 today. Kraig, Jess, and Robby went, too. We all enjoyed it. I have to say I think about a movie a lot and try to see into it rather than just face value. When I read bad revues both by critics and ordinary people, I think they just don't get it and maybe they aren't trying. I'm surely no expert but I do love movies and really enjoy them. I like the movies I see and I am particular about one thing, I hardly ever see movies that are rated R. I see so many previews so I do get a good idea of whether I want to see it or not. There are plenty of movies to see. While watching I couldn't help but think about Heath Ledger and his short life. I think he was a good actor and was becoming more versatile with every part he played. I first saw him in A Knights Tale, then The Brothers Grimm, and recently 10 Things I Hate About You. I liked him in all. But this I think was an Academy Award performance. He was another actor playing The Joker but his portrayal was something else. All his mannerisms, facial features, the voice. He wasn't Heat Ledger, but the Joker. And I don't think that just because he is gone. There have been a lot of actors and actresses who have won for their portrayals. They became their characters. I knew I would think about him as I watched. I think Christian Bale is a fabulous actor. Saw him as a young actor in Little Women(not knowing who he would become), As twin brothers in The Prestige, and of course Batman in Batman Begins. He's been in lots more movies than I've seen but in looking at his filmography there are those I don't care to see. Oh well, I' ll be waiting to see what his next movie will be.

Next week we see The X Files and the next week, The Mummy. Both are favorite movie series and I've seen all the previous ones.

2 comments:

Kathy Ann said...

Hello great to hear from you again! ok linking, I must say I didn't know how to do it before this tagging thing but it's actually really easy. when you are writing in your blog entry highlight the name you want to link by holding down left button on mouse and dragging it across the word. then there is an icon up the top next to the text icons, if you scroll over it it will say link click on it. type the address you want to link to and then press enter. just have written the addresses you want to link to before starting I found this helped because I didnt have to go back and forth on another window to find the addresses.
I hope this helps just post a comment on my blog if you need more help.
I wanna see the x files movie and mama mia. Might be going tomorow to see xfiles.
take care talk soon

Kathy Ann said...

ok you leave it as htm and the address is the address that apears on the top of the internet page. the place where you type in addresses to get to a particular page. just copy that address into the space provided. like so once you highlight bestitched artfully then in the box pick htm then type in the other space after the http bit - bestitchedartfully.blogspot.com

hope this helps