Monday, June 16, 2008

"Laps from Fats" Sit n' Sew

This quilt is called "Cinnamon and Nutmeg" and is from the book "More Laps From Fats." Miss Millies Quilt Shop started another Sit n' Sew on another Friday nite and we used patterns from that book to make a couple of quilts during the past months. This one was the first of three. It doesn't look much like the one in the book which had very earthy colors. I decided to go for something different and go brite. There were (and still are )about ten in the group and every lap quilt has a totally different look. It was a fun and an easy pattern to use. And I have to say it was a good time for all getting together at the Sit n' Sews.

1 comment:

Kathy Ann said...

Hi Mazie,
I love this quilt I really want to try that pattern now. I like that it could be for a guy as well as a girl. Not too feminine like most desings seem to be. I hope you are well and happy. It's summer in your part of the world so I hope you are enjoying the sunshine and warmth. It's cold and miserable here downunder but I can't complain I do like the cold hehehehe.