Sunday, October 28, 2007

Fall colors and a thought provoking quote


Our cypress has finally started to turn to it's fall colors of rust and gold. Two weeks ago she was all green , but now the weather is beginning to turn cooler and so all the trees are beginning to turn beautifully. Another week or so and there will be more color change and then all the strange little leaves (I guess that's what they are) will fall and cover my front yard. And my last lawn care job of the season will take place. I'll rake every thing up and use it like mulch around shrubs, etc. Those little leaves are a little prickly which causes them to stick together. I've been doing this for about 3 years and I have no weeds or anything grow up through these layers.
I reuse whatever I can in my yard. It seems a waste of time and energy to rake and bag and dispose of when it can be used right in my yard.

Now the quote. When I am at my bank in the drive thru I can see through the window to an inside wall where there's a chalk board. I guess there's a different quote each day. Even though I don't go every day there is always a new one to see when I am there. This one especially caught my eye. It's something to think about something to think about.


"WE ARE NOT PRIMARILY PUT ON THIS EARTH TO SEE THROUGH PEOPLE, BUT TO SEE PEOPLE THROUGH."

Peter De Vries

No comments: