Sunday, September 16, 2007

August Sit N' Sew




I finished the project from the August Sit n' Sew. As I sewed on this project I started wondering if I wanted it to be some type of quilt or wall hanging. I had used most of the fabric strips that I had cut but had some of the rust and green strips left over. If I wanted to make something larger I was going to have to cut more of most everything. I looked at it for a while and then decided it would make a nice fall tablecloth. Really, it would look nice in my kitchen. I wouldn't be doing that except I've been using other nice tablecloths (mostly from my mom and gram- they are old enough to be vintage now) I've wanted to use all these wonderful linens, but never did. Always was worried that something would happen with a spill or something. Got a brite idea one day and went to Joann Fabrics and bought some nice clear vinyl and put it on the table over the cloth. Now I can use any of my special linens and even a quilt tablecloth without fear of them being ruined. All I had to do was add borders which I already had with the leftovers and my tablecloth was ready.

1 comment:

Kathy Ann said...

Hehehe That's what my mum does we have plastic vinyl on all our tables because mum loves to have fine crochet table cloths on them and doesn't want them dirty obviously. We just put our table cloths for eating over the top of both the crochet ones and th vinyl. Have you quilted that table cloth, it hangs so nicely I can't imagine there being batting. Thanks for posting photos of all the beautiful quilts you have made I love them and they are an inspiration!