Monday, August 20, 2007

Still Rippleing Along

I'm still working on my first ripple. I really like crocheting on it the most late at night while just watching TV. It's my quiet time when still up by myself. I've been working on my different quilt projects and some small crochet projects and granny's, so have limited my ripple time right now. I am looking forward to finishing it and starting another (or maybe starting another before I finish this one). I really think I am totally hooked on crochet and will give up trying to knit except for sox. There are enough mistakes in this afghan where I forgot to increase or decrease but they aren't visible. When I reach the next row I just do some correction there. I'm sure not all crochet is as forgiving but this ripple is. Even though I have made mistakes I'm going to finish something and will have built up some confidence. This was a learning process for me, anyhow. Now that I've learned the technique I can pay more attention to what I am doing(and do it and not have to worry so much about the learning part). When I first started it I didn't understand the rhythm of a pattern row. Then all of a sudden everything makes sense. For years I've wanted to crochet, not just grannys. I'm finally there!!!!

No comments: