Monday, July 23, 2007

Time to catch up

Well, here is my dining room table, looking pretty messy. No it's not messy. It's full of WIPs. I learned a new phrase from a fellow blogger. I have so many things going on that I want to do and there just doesn't seem to be enough time . G coaches girls 18 & under fast pitch softball and the national tournament is out of town, all week. So I'm home alone and alone will be OK this time. I've decided to finish or catch up on things I've got going. before I came to work this morning I grabbed everything I could think of and set it all out on the table.

I had done a good house cleaning Friday a straightened up. So when I get home from work, no cleaning, no cooking-only something quick. Just sewing, crocheting, and reading and watching my favorite TV programs or a movie.


MY WIP LIST

1. finish applique Sunbonnet Sue wall hanging for Girls Town
2. work on the next applique block for 2nd Saturday at Miss Millie's
3. make one of the blocks for the 30s series quilt I'm doing
4. work on my ripple afghan
5. make a few squares for my "Babette" blanket
6. cut my 3 1/2 strips of purples and greens for for this weeks
Friday Nite Sew In at Miss Millie's
7. make the "Lucky Dog" contest drawing block for Miss Millie's Quilt Shop
8. work on the current block for my Thimbleberries Club Quilt
9. finish the fringe on the crocheted rage rug I made for my daughter, then it's hers
10. sew the leg on my moms sweater bear
11. Make tags and attach to each granny square and mail to "Share a Square" project
12. Get some of the patterns for crochet want-to-dos in plastic sleeves and in a notebook so I can find them when I' m ready the start a project
13. read some chapters in my current book "Drop Dead Beautiful" by Jackie Collins. A no
brainer of a summer read and a lot of fun
14. friendship block for quilt guild
15. make daisy squares for Krochet Krystals Charity Blog

Oh my! The list really looks daunting. Everything didn't seem to look to bad on the dining table but that list is something. It's OK, though, everything doesn't have to be done this week but some of it will go quickly. I'll complete some projects and lessen what I have to do on others.
But it's a enjoyable and relaxing. Good therapy after a day at work.

No comments: