Monday, July 9, 2007

A Book For A Dollar


Found another neat older book, today for only $1.00. I was at quilters guild.One of my quilting friends husband volunteers with "Friends of the Library." One of the ways they raise funds is collecting books from the library patrons. Everyone brings in books they no longer want and leaves them in collection boxes. A couple times a year they have a sale. My friends husband is the one who sorts all the books. He culls out all the quilting books and most anything that is needlework. Every month she brings whatever books he has found to our meeting and offers them for sale- $1.00 for hardbacks and .50 for softbound. Over the years she's had some really nice books for sale. Today this book was on the table, copyright 1986. I took one look at the cover picture and saw a fancy granny. Picked it right up and handed her the dollar. It does have a number of nice items including a darling baby afghan with pockets for little
crocheted animals, some nice lapghans and lots of small items. But that granny which is called a Victorian Afghan is what I've got to try. The square size is 8 1/2 and they are joined together as they are crocheted. That will be something new for me. So far I've only made single grannys and assembled them at the end.


No comments: