Thursday, June 28, 2007

My Rainy Day

Today is a dreary, rainy day. Maybe to others, but not to me. I love watching out the window at the rain falling while I sit and quilt or crochet or read. The only trouble is we're getting too much which is causing flooding problems in certain areas. We definately needed some rain, though. I know our farmers needed it. So, I got my rainy day, but today's not my day off. Rats! I have to wait till tomorrow. My husband, Gary, and I have had our own business for over 30 years so that's where I'm off to after I finish this. We are a home appliance retail store and I do mostly the bookkeeping. I'm hidden away back in the office away from all the customers-which I'm very happy about. But I don't have any windows, so I can't sit and watch the rain. Sometimes I can listen to it on the roof when its really coming down. I'd love to be home but workings not bad. Both of my sons and my daughter work with us so I see them every day. And we all get along great, 99% of the time. Every family has to have their squabbles once in a while and we're no different.

I thought this was going to be a blog about my life with fabric and yarn. Mainly because I never saw myself as being any kind of writer. When I was a teenager so many of my friends were keeping journals. That was back in the dark ages before PCs. They actually use spiral notebooks and pens. I was amazed that they were able to put their thoughts down on paper. I tried but I just wasn't good at it. Now when blogging comes along I think "Oh,I should be able to put pictures of quilts and crochet on my blog with some sort of description. And after reading so many of the blogs, I see how the simplest things can become important to us and maybe interesting to others. I just joined Carolas "Crochet-Along" and found out she has another blog called "My Living Room" where she just talks about here daily life. She lives in sweden and her first post had a really neat photo of convent, probably a very old building. She, along with others have given me the courage to try.

I took a couple of pictures of this rainy morning in my front yard but can't post them yet. I'm still trying to figure out how to use my Kodak Easy-Share camera and printing system that my kids got me for my birthday. So far I've just been scanning from photographs into my computer. Maybe I'll have time to figure it out tomorrow, on my nice day off. I just heard the weather report, and a little more rain is forcast possibly for tomorrow. I might just get myself a rainy day off after all.

No comments: