Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Thimbleberries "Hearth and Home" Quilt


I finally finished the 2007 Club Quilt. I liked the quilt but did cheat a little and didn't add all of the borders which would have made it a full size quilt. There is a brick wall in my front hall that makes a wonderful place for hanging wall quilts from large to small. All the blocks were done but I just stalled big time and never got them assembled--working on too many other projects. Anyhow, one of the monthly bonus patterns seemed perfect for that big flower print in the outer border. So I had two incentives-- (1) have a new quilt for summer in my hallway and (2) make it just the right size to fit the wall and have lots of fabric leftover for another project. So both are done. I'll post a pic of number two another day.

No comments: