Monday, September 29, 2008

My Anniversary Waltz Sampler
























I've finished more blocks for my Block of the Month Quilt Class. Also I've unfinished one of the 3. When I made block #1 (top) it really just didn't do anything for me. The center just didn't look good. I think my main problem was I had to pick 9 new batiks pretty quick to get started. I had planned on using some older Jinny Beyer fabrics from my stash but I was talked out of that. So I started new and I think my heart wasn't in it. I took the suggestions for the batiks.
After that first block I knew I had to at least change out the middle which I think helped. I did make a couple of other changes and I am starting to like the colors now in the 2 newest blocks.
Going back to the first block--I may disassemble it even more and make some color changes. I'll make one or two of the upcoming months and then revisit #1 and put it together. I think I will be happy with the quilt when it's done.

No comments: