Monday, September 10, 2007

A Finished Project



Ha! a finished project! Not a big one but its done. I can look at this little guy while I'm rippling, grannying, quilting, on all my big unfinished projects. To clarify, its the punkin only, not the sweater on the little kitty. The punkin instructions came with some other more difficult Halloween patterns that I purchase last Fall. I also had purchase Gourmet Crochets little book with Santa And Mrs Santa etc. Of course I had to start with something harder. I tried Santa and Mrs which was stupid. I did make the little bodies arms and legs but I struggled and didn't like how they looked so gave up and went back to work on Christmas ornaments, my quilting, etc.I hadn't done much crochet at all except granny squares. Now thanks to the granny and ripple alongs I am really branching out and trying to learn all I can. What made me decide to try amigurumi again was a new crochet along where amigurumi is the chosen topic right now. I got out my box with the amigurumi and looked at those little body parts and left them alone. But I found my Halloween pattern with all the harder characters but knew that little punkin pattern was in there too. Hooray! I tried it and was able to round crochet. Nothing like a little confidence building. I'm gonna get out Santa and Mrs. and frog those poor little bodies, arms, and legs apart and redo them. Also maybe I can do a witch or something from the other patterns. Now I'm getting brave.
Just a note. If your wondering about the kitties. They're from Boyd's Bears. Of which I was a collector. I have so many that I made myself stop buying them except for the Fall, Halloween and Christmas ones. I cant resist. Fall through Christmas Is my favorite time of year and I love decorating with my little stuffed guys. Now that its September I can get all of them out. Then the day after Thanksgiving they go away and All the Christmas guys come out. I wish they could all stay out all year with my regular bears but there are just too many.

No comments: