Monday, August 27, 2007

Mile-A-Minute Quilting














Here's my quilt from the July Sit & Sew at Miss Millie's, the Quarter Square Log Cabin Block. We had the choice of making anything from a table topper to a king size quilt. This time I decided on a lap size so maybe I could get it done faster. I also decided to try the Mile-A -Minute technique to machine quilt it. I've had this book for a couple of years and just didn't get my nerve up to try it. It's like quilt as you go but in long strip sections instead of just single blocks. I've tried to do some regular quilting on my sewing machine and it was just so hard to manipulate. I gave up. Then I found this book and knew I had to try quilting on my sewing machine once more.

The Sit & Sew was a lot of fun. Because of space there is a limit of 10. There were quilters I knew and some I didn't so I made some new friends. We all had such a good time. We paid 5.00 for supper. This time pizza, snacks, and ice cream. And we sewed for about 4 hours straight. It's amazing what you can get done with no interruptions except talking. Since the Sit & Sew was so popular it is continuing. I, along with most of the other Friday Nighters signed up again for the August Sit &Sew which was this past Friday. And we signed up again for September. Because of the response there's a Saturday one and a Sunday one will probably start. It's really nice to be using our stashes and not have to buy fabric for the project. Of course there always seems to be some little thing that we need. Luckily we're in a quilt shop where we can find every thing.

Oh, and as usual someone was in the middle of my quilt while I took it's picture.Good ole Cotton had to walk all over it . The kitty stamp of approval.

1 comment:

Kathy Ann said...

Hello there, yep I am BeStitched Artfully! So glad you liked the rabbit before and after shot, the bunny is not mine its a lady's who farms angora rabbits for their wool and sells the wool at craft markets. I just got to be friends with her after buying some of the wool. I told her i wanted some non dyed stuff and she sent a picture of the rabbit that she was going to sheer for me. Thats gypsy! My email is jedimaster_chick@yahoo.com.au if you want to email. otherwise www.bestitchedartfully.blogspot.com
you can leave a message there!
thanks for your interest in my little project hope to hear from you soon