Tuesday, July 3, 2007

COTTON

Here's a bigger picture of my kitty, Cotton. I cannot believe all the cats everyone has, let alone all the black ones. Aren't cats just the best. The photos on the right side of my blog, along with Cotton, are my babies that I've lost." Brown" was my dog and " Maizee" was my calico. Brown died about a year ago and Maizee(who I took my blog name from) died this past February. They were the most special to me, as is Cotton. As all my kids have grown up and moved out, I still had them. I see my kids most every day, since we all work togeather in our appliance store, so I don't have the empty nest sadness. But my animals have always just really been my best friends. Because I am away from home so much I haven't gotten any new pets. When Brown and Maizee died I didn't just want to go to the animal shelter and bring pets home and then leave them alone every day. When I'm working a few less days or am retired I will make a beeline for the shelter and bring home as many as I think I can love at one time. Some times I think Cotton is a little lonesome, but when I am home he gets lots of hugs and love.


I saw a really sweet ( and very true) writing when I was last at the veternarian's office with Cotton and I think I'll post it. Anyone who's an animal lover will definately appreciate it. It has no title.

If you can start the day without coffee
If you can get along without pep pills
If you can always be cheerful, ignoring your aches and pains
If you can resist boring people with your troubles
If you can eat the same food everyday and be greatful for it
If you can understand when your loved ones are too busy to give you any time
If you can overlook when your loved ones take it out on you, when through no fault of yours something goes wrong
If you can take criticism and blame without resentment
If you can ignore a friends limited education and never correct him
If you can resist treating a rich friend better than a poor friend
If you can face the world without lies and deceit
If you can conquer your tension without medical help
If you can relax without liquor
If you can sleep without the aid of drugs
If you can say honestly that deep in your heart you have no prejudice against anyones creed, color, religion, or politics
THEN MY FRIEND, YOU ARE ALMOST AS GOOD AS YOUR DOG!

( I think we can add cat to that description)


1 comment:

Aim said...

Maizee--that is really poignant! thanks for posting that verse from the vet! I am fairly new to blogging too, started 2 mo ago! Welcome to the web! ;)