Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I START BLOGGING TODAY

Today I have decided to make my first post. I've been lurking (the word I've seen others use) around this blogging world for the past couple of week trying to figure out what it's all about and how it works. All the wonderful sites with so much to see and read. I had found blogging quite by chance. I was searching for granny square patterns on the internet when I happened upon the Granny-Along and The No-End-In-Sight-Ripple-Along blogs. I am a basic crocheter and these blogs really caught my interest.
As everyone knows, the more blogs we look at, the more we find. As I started visiting different blogs I started seeing the word quilt. I went immediately to those blogs. What a treasure of quilt show and tell. There was no doubt, I had to start blogging, even though I didn't know the first thing about setting up a blog or posting. I have spent the last week or so setting up my blog and learning about blogging through trial and error. And I'm finally there.
Now back to quilting. I have been thinking about what I could put on my blog. The first thing that has come to mind is a diary of my quilting life. Many quilters keep journals with info on all the quilts they've made. I'm not one of them. All the records are in my head and thats not good. I've wanted to document all my quilts so maybe this is the way to go. So in future posts I'll be showing my oldest projects and some of the new ones, too. As time goes by maybe I'll have some other thoughts or ideas.

No comments: